Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
We have made every effort to ensure that the information and content of this website is accurate and up to date. Fittr Home cannot be held liable for any errors, omissions or changes in price. All products are subject to availability. All images on the website are for illustration purposes only and are intended to give a general guide of how the product may look once assembled. The actual product may differ slightly to that in the illustration. Due to the continuous product development by manufacturers, the specifications may change slightly and we may substitute a product for one of similar or better quality. All products are usually delivered flat-packed and will require assembly by you, unless otherwise stated. Standard delivery time is 2 to 7 working days. A card will be left if no one is home to accept the parcel, and the goods returned to the carrier's local depot to await your contact. We will always try and contact you to arrange a suitable day for the delivery and may also contact you to confirm your chosen date and time if selected in our checkout. All prices are inclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated. We always recommend you consult your Doctor before purchasing or using any products listed on our website.
How to Order
We have three methods in which you can place your order: Telephone, Mail, and Internet. All orders must be paid for in full before they will be shipped or ordered from the manufacturer.1.1 General Delivery Information
All orders are processed and shipped in the order that they are received. Standard delivery time is 2 to 7 working days. Delivery times may increase around holidays and peak shipping seasons. The freight delivery service you receive may vary among carrier companies. Since most carriers deliver to the curb side immediately adjacent to their vehicle and regard inside delivery as an extra service cost, it may be necessary for you to assist or move a product into your home. This is the case especially if you live in a block of flats, as carriers will only deliver to the ground floor entrance to the block. If you have alternative delivery requirements, please contact us prior to dispatch of your order. Be sure to include a phone number in case the carrier needs to notify you to arrange delivery. Standard deliveries are made Monday - Friday between 9am and 5pm.
Delivery Times and Delivery Delays
Fittr Home will try to deliver on time and in most cases, we will pre-arrange a date and time slot, but this cannot be fully guaranteed. Fittr Home will not entertain any claim for compensation because of a late delivery, which is due to a third party carrier and is out of our control. Any claims of this nature should be taken up directly with the carrier.2.1 Distance Selling Regulations 2000
You have a right to cancel your order (prior to shipment, see cancellation terms below) for any item purchased on this website, for a full refund. However, if an order has already been shipped and has left our possession, we will require you to pay the associated costs of returning the item to us before we will refund the purchase. Also, under the Distance Selling Regulations, you have 7 statutory working days starting from the working day after you have received your order, to cancel and return the product for a full refund. However, the buyer is required to pay all postage costs back to Fittr Home and the product must be unused and in the original packing. If the product has been used or you do not have the packaging this will be deemed as acceptance of goods and we will accept or decline the return at our discretion.
Order Cancellations and Refused Deliveries
You may cancel your order for a full refund prior to your order being shipped. If you cancel your order after it has been shipped, you are responsible for any and all freight charges incurred by Fittr Home. Any unpaid freight charges will be deducted from your refund (see 'Distance Selling Regulations' above). If you refuse to accept delivery of your order for any other reason than the product being damaged in transit, you are liable for all outward and return freight charges incurred by your refusal. If it is found that any of the larger products upon delivery will not fit through any doors or stairwells and the product is subsequently returned or refused, you are responsible for all outward and return carriage costs. There will also be a minimum 15% restocking charge. We would therefore recommend that you ensure the product will fit and can be transported to its ground floor point of installation easily. We include product weights and dimensions on our website, and if you are unsure about anything you must call us before placing the order.
Restricted Access and Delivery Terms
Due to the size of some delivery vehicles, any carriers delivering on our behalf must be informed of any restrictions regarding access for the delivering vehicles. This includes (but is not limited to); steps, any overhanging/low trees/shrubs, steep driveways, narrow lanes, tight bends or any other restrictions that may make it difficult for the delivering vehicle to gain access to the point of delivery. Fittr Home will not accept any claims for compensation arising from non/failed/refused delivery of any item where the carriers or Fittr Home were not made aware of any points of issue regarding access restrictions. In the event that the item is refused/cancelled due to these restrictions, the customer will be liable for all carriage charges. Due to Health & Safety regulations, upstairs deliveries are at the carrier's discretion and are not guaranteed. This includes (but is not limited to) steps that are immediately outside the premises, which are required to climb in order to gain access to the property. Delivery time scales are approximate; often it can be quicker than stated. However, if delivery takes longer than the time stated we will not entertain any claims for compensation. The delivery guides are rough estimates and the time scales are often out of our control. We will endeavour to notify you if delivery is going to take longer than originally expected and all timed delivery charges will be refunded either partially or in full dependant on circumstances should the delivery arrive considerably later than booked.
Damage in Transit / Shortages
When the carrier delivers your order, you need to count the pieces you receive and check for any damage. If the number of boxes you have received does not exactly match the number of pieces on the carrier's delivery note, this must be noted next to your signature. If the parcel(s) you receive have any damage on the exterior packaging you must check the contents and list the damage on the driver's delivery note, if the words 'goods delivered in good condition' are on the delivery form next to your signature they need to be crossed out also. Any damage must be reported to Fittr Home within 48 hours of signing. If someone else is signing on your behalf, they must be made aware of the above. If the box is damaged and you do not check the contents and fail to make any attempt to list this on the delivery note, Fittr Home or the carrier cannot be held responsible. This does not affect your statutory rights and in the event of the goods being faulty, they will be repaired or replaced.
The Delivery Arrangements section in the checkout must be completed. If you select that the order can be left with a neighbour or delivered to an alternative address, the person signing on your behalf must be made aware of our terms above regarding damage in transit and shortages. As carriers and delivery drivers are not under our control, we cannot be held responsible for their actions when delivering and if you encounter any problems they must be taken up directly with the carrier. We will always endeavour to deliver at a convenient time for you, and in most cases we will pre-arrange the delivery, but we will not be held responsible for any delays caused due to events that are out of our control.3.1 Warranties
If any home-use product is used in either a Full or Light Commercial setting, any warranty claim will not be valid unless the product classification explicitly states that the intended usage is sustainable for that particular product. If you are unsure as to what classification of usage you require please ask and we will be happy to check if products are suitable. Products marked as suitable for use in either Full or Light Commercial environments are subject to each manufacturer's warranty. They will differ from manufacturer to manufacturer.
If you require clarification of the terms for particular products we will be happy to supply these for you. No manufacturer's warranty covers failure of a product if caused by unreasonable or abusive use, or if the customer alters the product in any way, or if the customer fails to provide reasonable and necessary care. To give you the best service possible you will often be required to contact the manufacturer or supplier directly for the majority of faults and warranty issues, but feel free to call us first for details if required. Our manufacturers will usually have Irish service centres with trained engineers that they can send out onsite to resolve any faults or problems. Warranties may be void or partial to certain offshore or international locations. If un-sure, always contact either ourselves or the manufacturer beforehand for clarification on Warranty terms to your particular area.
Assembly of Goods
In any situation that the customer has assembled the goods and disposed of the original packaging, this will be seen as acceptance of the goods and Fittr Home reserves the right to decline the return of the goods for a refund. For further details on what is deemed as Assembly and Acceptance of Goods, see section: "Clarification of Assembly Terms". In most circumstances however, we will issue a credit note for the goods. This decision is at the full discretion of Fittr Home. More information on credit notes can be found below. Please note that if there is no packaging left then we have the right to refuse the return and not credit or refund.
Credit Notes and Refunds
If the customer wishes to return a product within their 7 days statutory rights period.
First 7 Working Days - as part of your Statutory Rights
The initial returns period starts from the day after the order is delivered to you. Within the first 7 working days a full credit note will be issued if the machine has been part or fully assembled. If the goods are still sealed in the box, unassembled and in the original packaging, a full refund will be provided.
Clarification of Assembly Terms:
Part Assembled: Applies to any items that have been taken out of the box and for which the assembly stages/processes have started. This term also applies to any items for which the seal on any included screw packs or assembly related items have been broken. This includes, but is not limited to; locking & safety pins, mains adapters, safety keys etc. which need only be removed from original packing if the machine is to be in use. If any of the above has been taken from its protective packaging, the assembly process has begun. This will be deemed as the customer having inspected the remaining parts and would signify acceptance of goods.
Fully Assembled: This applies to any products for which the assembly stages have been completed. It also applies to any items that have been used by the customers.
Faulty Product Procedures
If an item develops a fault, the customer is required to contact Fittr Home or the manufacturer's dedicated technical support team, which is in place to deal with problems relating to their own products.
The details of the technical support line can usually be found in the product manual. If you do not have your proof of purchase (usually e-mailed to customers before delivery) or if you do not have your product manual, please contact Fittr Home and we will provide the necessary contact details and information. The majority of manufacturers' technical support lines have a similar procedure. Some will require a copy of proof of purchase via e-mail, fax or post. If you have registered the warranty, a proof of purchase will not usually be required. Fittr Home and their staff will typically ask customers to call the technical support lines and provide numbers and relevant information. Fittr Home can send required customer information, and/or a valid proof of purchase to the appropriate manufacturer, if required. Manufacturers will also require the serial number of your item in most cases. This can usually be found on a sticker, displayed on the machine itself.
Solutions for Faulty Products
There are often several options open to customers to resolve any issues with faulty products. The choice of option will often be down to the customer, but on some occasions only 1 option may be available. If this is the case, the manufacturers' technical team and Fittr Home will make the decision on the option available. We are unable to discuss or entertain any other options other than those presented to customers by our customer service team or the manufacturers technical support team.
These are the order in which we will deal with Faulty products:
- Repair of the machine, usually on site or parts dispatched
- Replacement Machine, same or similar specification
- Refund or Credit Note
The options available for dealing with faults will often depend on factors such as when the product was bought and customer location. For example, if a product was bought several years ago it may be out of warranty, or if a customer lives in on an offshore location the manufacturers may only be able to offer a full replacement, and not an onsite repair or refund. That will be the only option that is then open to the customer. More detailed information on options that customers can expect, depending on when the fault develops, can be found below.
Faults After the Return Period has Expired
If a product develops a fault after our return period of 7 days has expired, you will need to follow the procedures detailed above at the start of the above section
Judging That the Item is 'Faulty'
Engineers and staff from the manufacturers' technical support team will ascertain if a product is faulty. To do this they will often need to speak with customers directly over the phone, or send an engineer to inspect the goods. Please Note: to provide the best possible service, Network Fitness will often require customers to deal directly with the Technical Support teams of manufacturers. They deal with faults on a daily basis and are trained to fully assist our customers.
Returning Perishable Goods
Under our Exclusion Policy, All Perishable Goods are NON-RETURNABLE.
The website may contain links to third parties' websites. Fittr Home assumes no responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of those websites. Therefore, please read carefully any privacy policies on those websites before either agreeing to their terms or using those websites.
Access to your Personal Information
You have the right of access to any personal information processed by us. Fittr Home is committed to providing you with reasonable and practical access to your information to give you the opportunity to identify any inaccuracies. Where possible, if Fittr Home is informed of the inaccuracy of any personal information, we will make appropriate corrections. You can request the updating or amending of any information you have provided to Fittr Home by contacting us.
In case of any concerns, please email Fittr Home Customer Service or call us between 9am and 5pm local time. If your dispute is not addressed to your satisfaction, please email the Chief Executive.
Information We Collect About You
The information we collect from you depends on what activities you are carrying out on our website, whether you are logged in or not and whether you are making a purchase. We may collect:
- Contact information, such as name, address and telephone number
- Online contact information, such as your email address
- Purchase information, such as credit card details
- Navigation and click-stream data, the time of accessing the website, duration of your visit, products you viewed or searched for, items in your basket, at which stage you abandoned your basket
- Information from cookies (more details on this are given below)
- Information on your computer and connection, including your browser type and version, IP address, operating system and platform details.
Fittr Home DOES NOT STORE ANY OF YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS ON ANY COMPUTERS AFTER YOUR TRANSACTION HAS BEEN MADE. NEITHER DO WE STORE ANY PAPER WORK WITH REVELVENT DETAILS.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
Fittr Home obtains information from you in three ways:
- By you typing your personal details in: If you wish to place an order we will ask you to key in standard contact and financial information as you proceed through the stages of making a purchase, in order to process and deliver your order. Similarly, if you wish to receive email alerts, we will request you to provide your email address.
- By the automatic collection of information about you as you use the website: Like most websites, our website uses 'cookies' to enhance your shopping experience. A cookie is an element of data that our website automatically transfers to a directory on the hard drive of your PC or Mac when your browser accesses our website. Cookies only identify a PC or Mac, not the individual using a PC or Mac. If you are only browsing our website and have not logged in, we will not ask you to key in any personal information, but certain information - including computer and connection information, browser type and version, IP address, operating system and platform details, the time of accessing the website - is automatically collected about you. The same information will be collected every time you access our website for purposes of completion and support of the activity you are carrying out, anonymous user analysis and research and development. When you browse the website while logged in, we automatically collect information concerning what pages you have visited and when, the contents of your basket and similar information on your browsing of our website.
- Third Party Cookies: We occasionally carry out market research and business development, which a third party assists with, during which they may issue a cookie from our website. Some of our affiliate organisations may also issue cookies so that they can track your purchasing and browsing behaviour on our website. Disabling cookies: You can set your browser to disable cookies or to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do not want to accept third party cookies, this will not affect the functionality of our website, but it may impair your use of or prevent access to some areas, including taking advantage of special offers and vouchers. If you do leave cookies turned on, please take care to sign off when you are finished using a shared computer.
- From Third Parties: Fittr Home may also obtain information about you directly from third parties, such as new delivery address details from our carriers. We will use this information to update our delivery records and account information. We may also obtain details of your credit history from credit reference agencies, which we use to prevent and detect fraud.
How We Identify you
As we explained above, every time your web browser accesses our website, we automatically receive and store certain information about you, by placing a cookie on your computer. Two types of cookies are used on our website:
- Session cookies (which remain in the cookie file of your browser only so long as you are accessing the website) are used:
- To allow you to carry information from one page of our website to another without having to re-enter information
- To allow you to maintain a shopping basket during each visit that you make to the site
- Within registration or login mode, to allow you to access stored information
- Persistent cookies (which remain in the cookie file of your browser for a longer period and store some basic information) help us to identify if you have visited our website previously using the same computer, and if so enables our website to remember the personal information you provided, keeps track of the number of visits that you make to our website, where you browse and what you have purchased, and offers you tailored content, even though you may not have logged on.
- Emails: Similarly, if you have ever provided us with an email address, we will be able to associate this email address back to your previous browsing and purchase experiences, whether you are logged on or not. We will know whether you receive email alerts and will be able to associate this with any other contact information you may have given us.
What We Use Your Information For
The principal purposes for which we collect and store your personal information are to process your orders and deliver products, authorise payment, bill you, respond to your enquiries, get in touch with you about other products and promotional offers, recommend products which we think might be of interest to you, and generally maintain the account you hold with us, together with improving our website.
- Marketing and business development purposes apart from using your personal information to process any orders you may place, if you provide Fittr Home with an email address, it will automatically be entered into our regular email update service. From time to time, we may also contact you by post with information on special offers or events regarding our products or services or those of trusted third parties that we think you may be interested in. If you do not wish to receive updates or marketing information, please amend your mailing preferences on the My Account page. If you do not object to receiving marketing material at the time the information was collected from you, but subsequently change your mind and no longer wish to receive such information, you may opt out of doing so.In addition, we may use an IP address to identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you, which we will use to assist in the detection of fraud, to help identify problems with our server and to administer our website.
- Use of your information by third parties Fittr Home will not sell your personal information to third parties. However, on occasions we do share customer information with third parties as described below. Fittr Home often runs competitions on the website in conjunction with third parties, where we will ask you if you would like to be contacted by the third party sponsoring the prize about its products or services. If you expressly tell us that you want to receive such information, we will pass on your personal details.
Fittr Home collates statistics about site traffic, sales and other commercial information, which we pass on to trusted third parties to assist us in improving the services we provide to you, but this information is not personally identifiable information. We also use demographic information to tailor the website to the interests of our customers, which we share with third parties, again on an aggregate basis only so that they can build up a better picture of our customer base and general consumer trends. By making a purchase on the website, you consent to Fittr Home sharing your personal information with third parties as is necessary to process your order, for example, to banks, credit card companies and carriers. You also consent to us exchanging information with other companies in the interests of fraud detection and prevention and credit risk reduction or abuses of our website. Fittr Home may also pass your personal information to our couriers or other agents if they need to contact you to process or arrange delivery of your order. Fittr Home may disclose your personal information if necessary to comply with regulations or law or to assist with law enforcement, to enforce the terms under which you trade with Fittr Home, or to protect our property and other rights.
What Security Checks do we carry out?
As part of our policy to protect against the fraudulent use of credit cards, we carry out random security checks on orders. These can take various forms, and may involve contacting you by telephone before your order is processed.
From time to time it may be necessary for us to ask you to provide a copy of a recent statement header for the card being used on your order. Please note that we are only interested in confirming information already provided on your order, i.e. the billing name and address and card issuer details, and do not need to see actual transactions, which can be covered up. In case you have any concerns regarding security, we can assure you that all information is shredded as soon as we have confirmed the details required.
We hope you appreciate that these measures are a necessary precaution, undertaken in the interests of fraud prevention.
Fittr Home has noticed an increase in the use of personal firewall software (e.g. Zone Alarm, PTF). Under certain circumstances these firewalls may deny access to our (and other websites') secure servers. To enable access to secure servers, check that the firewall is configured to allow the web browser to connect over port 443 (SSL). We are also aware of instances whereby stopping and restarting the firewall may resolve connectivity problems.
Security on the website
Fittr Home adopts industry standard practices to protect the confidentiality of your personal information on the website and during transmission, including firewalls and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption software.
Is your Internet connection secure?
Your payment and order details are normally sent to us across a secure connection that uses a 128-bit certificate. This means that the information is encrypted and cannot be read by anyone other than Fittr Home and persons authorised by us. You can see that the web pages are secure because the address in the address bar changes from http:// to https://. You will also see a padlock symbol or key in the top or bottom bar of your browser.
However, some computers prevent this secure connection and in order to proceed with an order, Connection Fitness Ltd must provide a less secure connection to customers who encounter this problem. If required, you can use our standard server to place an order. Although this will resolve the problem, you should be aware that your personal information would be passed to us without being encrypted.
Unfortunately, Fittr Home cannot accept liability for any losses caused to you as a result of using a non-secure connection. Similarly, although the secure encryption we use is internationally regarded as secure, Fittr Home cannot accept liability should such encryption be broken. Please take the utmost care whenever you visit our website or any other e-commerce site and in particular, make sure that nobody is able to obtain your password (if you use one). Once you have completed your purchase, and to ensure all confidential information is removed, we recommend that you close all browsers.
General WEEE Statement
WEEE Compliance Statement
Fittr Home support the WEEE recycling scheme. Helping to recycle your electrical equipment.
Why are we involved?
Recycling facilities are now available for all customers at which you can deposit your old electrical products. This is a requirement under Irish and European legislation (The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment - or WEEE - Directive). The aim of the legislation is to;
Make good use of the materials that make up old electrical equipment by recycling rather than disposing in landfill.
Prevent the negative environmental effects of sending often hazardous electrical equipment to landfill.
How does this work in practice?
Customers can return any electrical products to Fittr Home once they have purchased any electrical product free of charge.